Terms and Conditions
Windermere One Way Terms and Conditions
- Competitors must read carefully all of the information provided on the Windermere One Way website www.windermereoneway.co.uk and act accordingly. The organisers will not take responsibility for error as a consequence of competitors not reading pre-race information.
- Competitors should not take part in the event if they are knowingly under prepared, have a medical illness or any other condition which may compromise their safety and the safety of the support services.
- All details provided by competitors must be accurate at time of entering; any changes to personal or medical details must be corrected by logging into their personal account or contacting the organising team.
- Entries cannot be substituted (swapping names)
- If competitors withdraw prior to the event, the following costs are incurred:
- Up to May 31st 75% refund of entry fee and 100% refund of paddler fee
- Jun 1st to Jun 30th 50% of entry fee refunded with 75% of paddler fee
- 1st July onward no refunds
- Competitors must follow the rules and regulations of the event as outlined by the organising team.
- Epic events reserve the right to cancel an entry or prevent entry if required to protect the ‘good will’ of The Windermere One Way event.
- If the organisers are forced to cancel the event for any reason, a new date will be established and all entries will be carried forwards. If no alternative date is available, all entries will be carried forwards to next year.
- If the organisers are forced to cancel the event for any reason, no refunds will be given.
- Competitors should always act in a manner which ensures minimal impact upon the event route and those who live in close proximity.
- Any competitor not acting in this manner (point 10), either during or before the event, will be disqualified and their entry fee will not be refunded.
- If a competitor should lose their electronic timing chip during the event, they will be charged £30 for a replacement chip and this fee will be taken in the week following the event.
- Photography – Epic Events maintain the right to use images and photographs taken by their contracted photographers at any of their promoted events without informing event participants. These images may be used for promotional purposes as undertaken by Epic Events or their sponsors.
- Your details and email address will be stored by epic events management LTD and used to provide you with information regarding the event you have entered and other, similar events which we think may be of interest.